Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus (2-0-0) is a highly fortified calcium, magnesium and iron plant supplement formulated to correct common deficiencies. Supplementing your preferred nutrient program with Cal-Mag Plus is strongly recommended when using reverse osmosis water and when growing in coco coir based medias to compensate for natural calcium draw. Cal-Mag Plus can also be applied as a foliar spray to further enhance growth.
- Prevents blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers and tip burn in lettuce and cabbage
- Prevents dry and withered flower and fruit sets.
- Prevents interveinal chlorosis, stunted growth rates, and upward leaf curl
- Increases cell division and plant tissue development
- Increases flower and fruit sets
- Increases water, nutrient, and carbon dioxide uptake
- Increases growth rates and crop maturity
Total Nitrogen (N)………2.0%
2.0% Nitrate Nitrogen
1.2% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
0.1% Chelated Iron (Fe)
Derived from calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, iron EDTA.
Soil Containers Gardens: Use 1 tsp (5 ml) per gallon (4 l) of water.
Accelerated Formula: Use 2 tsp (10 ml) per gallon (4 l) of water.
Hydroponics: Use with preferred hydroponic formula.
Desired Range of Nutrients:
- Nitrogen (N)1 160–250 ppm
- Calcium (Ca) 160–280 ppm
- Magnesium (Mg) 45–75 ppm
- Iron (Fe) 2–7 ppm
For Best Results: Use with every watering with standard fertilizer program. The recommended application rate is normally sufficient to make up for any deficiencies in most soil or hydroponic formulas.
Note: In hydroponics, iron falls out of the solution relatively fast due to use of magnetic drive pumps without grounding probes and high levels of dissolved oxygen from air stones and pumps.